Introducing Maeghen Howe, school-based Sweetser clinician




Hi! My name is Maeghen Howe and this is my first year at Mitchell School as the school-based Sweetser clinician. Sweetser is a Maine behavioral healthcare organization for children, adults and families and school-based therapy is one of the many services that Sweetser offers. While I work out of the school and am able to collaborate with Mitchell School staff, I am not employed by the Kittery School Department. My services are billed through insurance.

I recently graduated from the University of New England with my Master’s in Social Work and completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Maine Orono with a Bachelor’s in Social Work. Working with children and their families has been something I have aspired to do since graduating high school and I am overjoyed that it is now my reality. I am a mental health clinician, so I am able to work with your children to develop strategies and skills to improve their behavior, as well as their overall quality of life. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Play Therapy are the two modalities I utilize the most, as I believe play is an important gateway to accessing a children’s learning capabilities. 

There are two ways to access the services I provide in the school. The first way is to consult with Emma Kilgore or Dana Rickerich to fill out a referral, which in turn will be passed along to me. The other way is to contact me directly and we can talk about any struggles your child may be experiencing. 

Please contact me if you have any questions.
Contact: mhowe@kitteryschools.com or (207) 468-4293. My office is in the kindergarten wing. 
Hours at Mitchell School: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8-3. 

Sweetser Information
Website:  https://www.sweetser.org/schoolbasedtherapy.php
PromiseLine: 1-800-434-3000
The PromiseLine can be used to find out information about all Sweetser services and gain access to these services.

Crisis Hotline: 1-888-568-1112 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week