New Sweetser school-based clinician at Mitchell School



Hello! My name is Lori Austin, LCSW and I am so excited to be at Mitchell School this year as the new Sweetser clinician.  Sweetser is a Maine behavioral healthcare organization for children, adults and families.  School-based therapy is one of the many services that Sweetser offers. While I work out of the school and am able to collaborate with Mitchell School staff, I am not employed by the Kittery School Department. My services are billed through insurance.
I graduated from Boston College with two Master’s Degrees in Social Work and Pastoral Ministry and completed my undergraduate degree at Penn State University with a B.S. in Health Education. I am a Licensed independent Clinical Social Worker in the state of Maine. I’ve worked in a variety of Social Work settings mostly working with children and families.  I love family work and fostering self-esteem and growth in children.  Affirmations and healing are the cornerstone of my belief system.  I utilize cognitive-behavioral therapy, family systems and play therapy as my therapeutic modalities.
Over the past four years I worked as a Military and Family Life Counselor locally and abroad. I feel immensely blessed to have had the gift of travel working in Okinawa, South Korea and England as a  counselor working in schools and daycare centers. It has been and honor and a pleasure serving military families. 
In my spare time I can be found hanging with my Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Lucy. Or running many miles around Eliot and Portsmouth. I love drinking coffee and being with friends. I am a proponent of good self-care and treating ourselves kindly so we can do that for others.  I know school personnel work extremely hard and I thank you for allowing me to be part of your team.
There are two ways to access the services I provide in the school. The first way is to consult with Emma Kilgore or Dana Rickerich to fill out a referral, which in turn will be passed along to me.  The other way is to contact me directly and we can talk about any struggles your child may be experiencing.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Contact: laustin@kitteryschools.com or (207)844-0824. My office is in the kindergarten wing.
Hours at Mitchell School: Monday through Friday, 7:30-3.

Sweetser Information
PromiseLine: 1-800-434-3000
The PromiseLine can be used to find out information about all Sweetser services and gain access to these services.

Crisis Hotline: 1-888-568-1112 available 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week.